Race to Win
PROFESSIONAL SKI RACER
As a member of the Canadian Para-Alpine Ski Team (CPAST), ski racers follow an individualized performance plan managed by Alpine Canada with the intent to win medals internationally on the IPC World Cup circuit, IPC World Championships, IPC World Cup Finals and the Paralympic Winter Games.
- Boys Alpine Canada National Teams
- Girls Alpine Canada National Teams
- CAST/Canada SX/CPAST
Age of experience:
An identified member of the Canadian Para-Alpine Ski Team
ACA takes responsibility for the athletes at this stage, support from ACA may include coaching and instruction, funding, competitions, facilities, athlete support, selection criteria, sport science, etc.
- Winning style of play.
- Strong mental composure.
- Increased knowledge of nutrition, mental training and strength.
- Demonstrates a variety of advanced technical and tactical skills.
- Adapts to new conditions and environments quickly and efﬁciently.
- Has mastered advanced race skills, and is reﬁning them to make them better and faster.
- Specialization in one or more disciplines.