Coach Reference MaterialPhoto: Alpine Canada World Championships 2019.
ACA-CSC Webinar Series
ACA-CSC provides educational webinars for our ACA-CSC registered coaches throughout the year. The links below are representative of some of the webinars provided by ACA-CSC for registered coaches. Visit the ACA-CSC Snow Reg platform for more information on upcoming webinars.
- Key highlights in the new ACA-LTAD 3.0 Train to Train stage. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/pf5yvvbx9568/
- Key highlights in the new ACA-LTAD 3.0 Train to Race stage. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/pp369akv4fpx/
- Key highlights in the new ACA-LTAD 3.0 Race to Win and Ski for Life Stages. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/p86x03zhn258/
- Key highlights in the new ACA-LTAD 3.0 Gliding Start and Skier Essentials stage. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/p3pqh9jhs1bi/
- Key highlights in the new ACA-LTAD 3.0 Learn to Train stage. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/pvg7owmpfrie/
Health and Wellness
- Dr. Katie MacGregor reviews the Alpine Canada Concussion Management protocol in this webinar along with reviewing best practices for returning to snow and competition. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/p21g4he3q6u3/
- Max Gartner reviews some tips and best practices that can be used by coaches to enhance their own professional development allowing them to best support their developing ski racers: https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/p8zmsas0k438/
- Dr. Shaunna Taylor reviews some best practices that can be used by coaches to maintain their health and wellness throughout the season: https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/p08dwmo3tpdt/
- Frank van den Berg, Director of Mental Performance for Calgary Sport Institute Calgary and Jennifer Stielow, Senior Coach Education Manager for Alpine Canada present an overview of the new Athletic Character assessment. The Athletic Character assessment focuses on developing positive mental fitness in both sport and life. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/p2gp484mpd3/
- ACA Domestic department reviews new FIS rules and regulation updates along with an overview of the upcoming FIS point changes for the 2019/20 season. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/pypxta52jzf1/
- ACA Domestic department along with the Coaching Association of Canada review the Responsible Coaching Movement best practices. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/pjpnsdthhriu/
- This webinar presented by Dusan Grasic, Domestic Director Alpine Canada, reviews the new course curriculum and certification pathway changes, Top 10 Coaches Program, new domestic development initiatives, and project updates for planned U16 and U19 projects in the 2016/17 season. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/p43jdh0c4qx/
- The Power of Coaching Webinar: https://youtu.be/y8M7KcxDjSI
- Jay Keddy, Canadian Alpine Ski Team Women's World Cup assistant coach provides an overview of the 2018/19 pre-season preparation period for the women's alpine combi team. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/pm6p3vebojjg/
- This webinar presented by John Kucera, Men’s Development Head Coach, reviews speed elements training and development.https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/p8od8jf1evb/
- This webinar presented by Jay Keddy, Women’s World Cup Technical Coach, reviews both technique and tactics for GS and SL. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/p5ua2nh597z/
Ski Cross Focus
Sead Causevic, NextGen Head Coach for Alpine Canada Alpin Ski Cross presents an overview of ski cross development in Canada. Sead's presentation reviews the sport of ski cross and training progressions that can be used with any aged athlete to promote the development of athleticism for skiing. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/p1cn47lk73x/
Physical Fitness Testing Webinar
This webinar provides an overview of Alpine Canada’s national physical fitness testing protocol presented by Alpine Canada’s Director of Sport Science, Matt Jordan, Ph.D. (c), CSCS. The goal of the new physical fitness testing protocol is to ensure Canadian skiers are developing ski-specific fitness abilities as they progress through the athlete development pathway. https://alpinecanada.adobeconnect.com/p5cwrcb1yg2/
Links to Supporting Reference Materials
Alpine Canada Performance Planning Coach Workbook (2016).
Eitzen DS, Sage GH. Sociology of North American Sport. 8th ed. Boulder, CO: Paradigm Publishers; 2009.
Fraser-Thomas J, Côte J. Youth sports: implementing findings and moving forward with research. Athl Ins. 2006;8(3):12-27.
Gambetta V. (2007). Athletic Development: The Art & Science of Functional Sports Conditioning. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
McGuigan M. (2017). Monitoring training and performance in athletes. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
Petichkoff LM. Youth sports participation and withdrawal: Is it simply a matter of fun? Pediatr Exercise Sci. 1992;4:105-110.
Willinger, H. Banff Alpine Racers alumnus Read and Philp give back to local club. Rocky Mountain Outlook. Feb. 22 2018.
Visek AJ, et al. The Fun Integration Theory: Toward Sustaining Children and Adolescents Sport Participation. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2015;12:424-433
Warrington, G. Dr. (2010). Planning for Performance http://www.sportireland.ie/Coaching-Ireland/Publications-/Planning-For-Performance.pdf . Coaching Ireland.