Train to Train
- Boys 12-16
- Girls 11-15
- Adolescent Growth Spurt
- Rising Stars
- Club Level
- Local & Provincial level events
- National Championships
- Beginning International FIS events
“Build the Ski Racer”
Age of experience: 4+ yrs.
Take part in Local, Provincial and WPAS races. Ski and loading lift on own. Comfortable skiing on all terrain.
- Starting to identify para athletes with race potential.
- There should be opportunity for the athletes to demonstrate this to the PSO and ACA. (i.e. race, camp, other.)
- Understands ski racing procedures and rules.
- Introduction of the training effect.
- (periodization, dryland training, mental preparation, sport nutrition, etc.).
- Fundamentals of ski tuning developed.
- Conﬁdently skis intermediate and advanced terrain independent with a solid understanding of basic ski skills.
- With direction, can work independently on skill development and provide feedback to coach regarding progress and development.
- Can independently ski intermediate to advanced terrain in gates.
- Carves the ski and balances throughout the turn.
- Adjusts turn shape to suit the variations of a race course.
- Ability to adjust balance, coordination and speed as required.
- Reﬁnement of basic technical skills and consolidation of advanced technical skills in free skiing and gates.
- Consolidation of tactical skills (line, risk management, decision making).
- Initiation to the Speed disciplines.