Train to Race
BUILD THE SKI RACER & OPTIMIZE THE ENGINE
In the train to race stage, para-alpine ski racers can independently ski on all terrain and they are seeking to compete on CPAST team by being identified as a CPAST prospect.
- After adolescent growth period
- Dependent on skiing skills & fitness
- Club through Provincial Team Level
Age of experience:
- PSO and ACA work together to provide the best opportunity for athletes to excel and reach their potential. (i.e. through camps, races, other.)
- Seeking to compete on CPAST may be identified as a CPAST prospect.
- Athlete owns all of their own equipment.
- Accountable for their actions.
- Understanding of being a self-sufficient athlete and can seek different funding opportunities.
- Understands and demonstrates the training effect (periodization, dryland training, mental preparation, sport nutrition, etc.).
- Fundamentals of ski tuning enhanced
- Independently and conﬁdently skis any terrain on the mountain.
- Independently skis all terrain on the mountain in gates.
- Can create speed throughout the turn.
- Reﬁnement in advanced technical skills and tactical skills in gates on advanced terrain.
- Skis and competes in all 5 disciplines.