FORM THE FOUNDATION
Skiers have been introduced to skiing and have started their skiing skill development. Skiers are encouraged to master the fundamental movement skills while developing their skiing skill technical foundation. At the end of this stage, skiers are able to link turns together.
- Boys 6-9
- Girls 6-8
- Snow Stars 1-5
- Club Level
- Local Club and Inter-club skill events
Age of experience:
- 0-4 years
- Have fun and be active, through lessons and other ski opportunities and special events such as CADS Festival, fun races, etc.
- Not all skiers will progress past this stage; the focus for these participants is active participation in sport and their goal may be Skiing for Life.
- Learning a good athletic position.
- Balancing on the outside ski for grip against the snow.
- Pivoting - turning the legs and/or adaptive devices to achieve change of direction.
- Use of edging to improve control and performance (lateral balance).
- Use of turn shape to control speed.
- Ability to link turns on beginner/ easy intermediate terrain.